Many of us celebrate Independence Day by getting together with family and friends or barbecuing hot dogs and hamburgers. Others like to celebrate with fireworks. While fireworks can be exciting and provide great entertainment, they also come with the risk of injuries.
Six Simple Safety Tips
- If a firework didn’t ignite fully, don’t try to re-light it or pick it up. Leave it alone for 20 minutes then spray it with water and toss it.
- Do not buy any fireworks that are packaged in brown paper. Most likely, they were made for professional displays and could be dangerous to the consumer.
- Never leave kids unattended with fireworks, even the sparklers. Young children can get injured from the sparklers due to their extremely hot temperatures. Some are as hot as blow torches!
- Check to make sure fireworks are legal in your area before you even buy them. If you are lighting them off in a restricted area, you will be liable for any injuries or damages.
- Before throwing away used fireworks, spray them with plenty of water to ensure they won’t start a trash fire.
- Stay clear of dry brush or tall grasses. These can ignite and spread fire quickly.
We all love to celebrate the 4th of July, but be sure to do so with care.
Northern Chesapeake Insurance Services is comprised of a group of passionate insurance professionals working not only to save you money on your insurance, but to provide you with the best coverage and service available. From their Bel Air Maryland insurance agency, they work with many of the nation’s best insurance companies. Northern Chesapeake Insurance Services insures all types of cars, homes and businesses throughout Maryland. They can even insure your investment property, write your motorcycle insurance and more. Visit them online 24/7 at http://ncins.com or call (410) 420-3080.